I pre-ordered my phone from Best Buy and finally received the phone after many days of waiting because of U.S. Customs issues. I was able to use the Phone Freedom & Pre Order $50 gift cards for the purchase but I will say it took a fight of 3 hours! I had to prove to the manager that I could use both gift cards for the purchase. Thankfully it was all in writing from BB! The phone is a monster. I owned the original Evo but traded it for the Epic because I needed a qwerty keyboard. The screen on the new Evo is so big I can comfortably type with 2 thumbs and now I can say I am satisfied. This phone is so thin you will need some protection so I recommend a hard case and a screen protecter.
- 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 8MP Camera w/flash (can do many frames a second), Front facing 1.3MP camera
- beautiful 4.7inch HD 720p screen
- Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- HTC Sense 4 User Interface (UI)
- Large capacity battery
- A kickstand
- Plus many more!
- No LTE currently, only operates on the 3G for now which is slow
- 3G doesn’t want to stay connected all the time. Randomly turns off.
- Network seems a bit wacky, my signal goes from 2 bars to 5 bars to no bars then to roaming often.
- Audio at times goes from loud to soft, I’m sure the Beats Audio equalizing has something to do with that. Gets annoying.
This is what I’ve found while on my 2nd day of playing with the phone. I’m sure things will get better with the networkwhen Sprint finishes out its Now Network build. There is already root access for the phone and is simple to do. Overall it’s a great phone. If you have any questions shoot me an email, Thanks! .Root information below thanks to the good folks over at XDA Developers: Link for download
For Windows, update drivers using driver files below then double-click on runme.bat.
For Linux, no drivers needed, unzip Evo4GLTERoot.zip to your Downloads directory then open up a terminal and do:
cd Downloads/Evo4GLTERoot chmod 755 * sudo ./adb-linux devices
For Mac, no drivers needed, unzip Evo4GLTERoot.zip to your Downloads directory then open up a terminal and do:
cd Downloads/Evo4GLTERoot chmod 755 * sh runmemac.sh